You can now save 20% on print books! If you are ordering over the phone, simply head to our ‘Contact us’ page to find out how to apply your discount.
Movable Bridge Design provides a fascinating and comprehensive guide of both past and current approaches to the design of a wide range of movable bridges.
Against the background of worldwide development, the author provides the necessary information on the mechanical systems that drive movable bridges.
A wide range of structures are explored in an accessible format to be used at a practical level.
Key topics of focus are:
• Design specifications and standards
• Machinery required to operate and stabilise movable spans
• Traditional and non-traditional superstructure forms
• Materials of construction
• Material strength and failure
• Examples of hydraulic, electrical and mechanical systems
Movable Bridge Design considers both city and rural movable bridges by providing worldwide examples, as well as discussing the various forms of motive power.
An essential purchase to inform and guide engineers, engineering consultants, and administrators of governmental agencies, as well as students from these disciplines.