You can now save 20% on print books! If you are ordering over the phone, simply head to our ‘Contact us’ page to find out how to apply your discount.
Highways, Fifth Edition provides a comprehensive view across all aspects of road engineering, encompassing an extensive range of topics from pavement design, earthworks, and skid resistance to subsurface moisture control, surface drainage and construction of hot-mix bituminous roadbases and surfacings. This book shares the insights and practical experiences of industry experts who present the multifaceted aspects of road engineering to those seeking to discover more about these themes.
• discusses the basic materials used in road pavement construction
• promotes an understanding of highway engineering fundamentals that are transferable across national boundaries
• explores the latest material on remote sensing currently used in road location
• contains up-to-date information on pavement management systems and maintenance techniques
• has been updated to include the latest European Standards.
Aimed at final year and master’s degree civil engineering students, this edition provides a useful introductory reference, acting also as a reference guide for engineering offices and technical libraries.
“It is clear that this book has been thoroughly updated to incorporate the latest research and practice and it is to be entirely recommended as a prime source for students new to the field, or for experienced engineers either coming to the field or needing a refresher course.”
Read full review