Recycled Aggregates: Use in Concrete (ICE Themes) provides an overview of the full spectrum of research undertaken on the use of recycled aggregate as a replacement for commonly used natural aggregate in a wide range of concrete applications. Featuring selected case studies, and explanations of the standards and specifications, this volume makes an excellent source of information for researchers working in the area of re-use, recycling and reconstitution of concrete in sustainable construction. The book has been curated from cutting edge global research published by ICE Publishing by experts working at leading institutions. It shows how recycled aggregate research has evolved and continues to influence the concrete construction industry. Recycled Aggregates: Use in Concrete (ICE Themes) includes sections containing chapters that cover
- characteristics of recycled aggregates
- designing concrete containing recycled aggregates
- deformation properties of recycled aggregate concrete
- durability aspect of recycled aggregate concrete
- use of recycled aggregates in structural concrete
- environmental impact, case studies and standards and specifications.
The book is an ideal source of information on the subject and would be a suitable addition to any library as a resource for researchers seeking to develop an overview of the research on this topic.