This essential book offers a comprehensive guide to the design of vertical gravity concrete sea and quay wall structures for practitioners in the field.
Design of Vertical Gravity Sea and Quay Walls covers the complete process from structure type selection through to detail design. Based on the British Standard 6349 as well as design codes including Eurocodes, the Coastal Engineering Manual, Japanese standards, CIRIA and PIANC guidelines, and the latest research, it includes information on the required technical specifications and construction aspects to consider. The book can also be used as a guide for the assessment of existing structures.
With worked examples provided to illustrate the theory discussed, Design of Vertical Gravity Sea and Quay Walls covers
- choice of structure
- design codes of practice and guidelines
- actions and combinations of actions
- technical specifications and construction aspects.
This book is ideal for any civil engineer in need of guidance on the latest requirements for designing these marine structures. It is written in a way that will benefit civil engineers of any level of experience.
02. Choice of Structure
04. Design codes of practice and guidelines
05. Actions and combinations of actions
07. Technical specifications and construction aspects
08. Other considerations