Civil Engineering Procedure is an indispensable guide which describes and explains the stages of work for a project from first consideration through to completion of construction and then beyond to handing over the resulting structures and services for use.
As in previous editions, the book provides clear explanations of a broad range of project and contract management principles and practice, and it is a valuable source of information on fundamental concepts. This eighth edition contains updates throughout the book, including coverage of recent initiatives to improve project and programme delivery, the latest updates to the NEC contracts, and additional case studies that provide insights into real-world practice.
Civil Engineering Procedure covers the following topics
Civil Engineering Procedure, Eighth edition
- concept and promotion
- feasibility studies
- procurement and contract strategy
- design and Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- risk management and health, safety and welfare
- planning and control of construction
- construction management organisation
- testing, commissioning and handover
- operation, maintenance and asset management.
is the essential reference for student and graduate engineers, offering concise, expert guidance on all stages of an engineering project from conception and development through to completion and handover.
1. Civil engineering projects
2. Concept and promotion of a civil engineering project
4. Project strategy
6. Civil engineering construction contracts
7. Planning and control of construction
8. Construction management organisation
9. Inspection, testing, commissioning and handover
10. Operation, maintenance and asset management
11. Building information modelling (BIM)
A. Conditions of contract for civil engineering
B. Further reading
C. Useful addresses and websites